adviceon bags and on Ottawa / Montreal bags store

denisbergeron

Hello,

I'm looking to find a good stores when I can check (and try) bags for

photo gears.

L.L.Lozeau in Montreal don't have any/enough choise for me.

I'm looking for a bags where I can put all my digital gear (2 bodies,

1 big lens, 6 medium lens (à la 24-105), 3 small lens (à la 50mm) and

flashes, filters, etc... and a 15.4" laptop.

The bag have to be enough small to enter in a airplane.

None of the supposed 17inch enable laptop and photo gear bags I try at

LLLozeau was able to take my 15.4 inch laptop !!!

If you have suggestion both on store or on bags ! I will take it !

Thank You!

Yipes, 10 lens? Leave a few at home?

The LowePro CompuRover AW has a camera "bay" with 6 cylindrical sub-compartments, each of which can take a 70-200 range lens (or 2~3 shorter ones), or a body, plus an upper compartment the size of a smallish regular packsack, some misc. small compartments, a laptop bay around back that goes full height and width.

It's a fairly heavy and bulky bag unloaded, but quite comfortable. I think it would push into overhead luggage ok.

I know a fellow here in San Antone who builds a neat lightweight handcart with bicycle wheels. It also can be rigged to hitch on the back of a touring bicyle if that is your mobility method. When I was younger I had one of his contaptions, but now I have learned to go on my photo safaris with a single lens on my Leica so the bike alone w/o the trailer suffice for most operations.

Check out Lowepro's website (www.lowepro.com). They've got a nice selection of backpack style and roller style bags (some that can go both ways), though you might be asking a lot with 10 lenses. For as much equipment as you're wanting to keep in the thing all at once, I would definitely go with a backpack or roller or roller-backpack; anything else would just get to be too heavy.