3 & 3 ?

Marvin

Quite a prolific subject - both here and probably in our minds, too. I'm sure we think about ratings now and then; smiling and feeling happy about a photo whose average didn't go below 5 (hm, I think I can count mine on the fingers of one hand), certainly frowning and ready to tear apart the 'mediocres' who tattooed their 3-s on some of our other shots. You never can help thinking what these imbeciles were... - careful now, this could develop itself in a neurosis. And over what, over two columns of numbers? Demosthenes is a nice guy, he has honest, good shots, and gives honest, good ratings; he wants to help and wants to be appreciated; not always are his comments happy, exhilarating praise, as some here would like to think. In my case, for example, he keeps telling me to do more portrait work, to bring more life in my shots; the 3/3 guys don't do this, maybe they think it obvious or suffer from keyboard-fugue.. <p> Now, I've browsed Dem's ratings, perhaps where he leaves a 7, I would leave a 6, tim would leave a 5, and so on, depending on experience, mood, eye.. amd ultimately on the viewer's general standards. What should be noted is that as long as this viewer fights off inertia and perhaps decides to skip a shot instead of splashing a 3, or tries to be a liiitle bit more of an elitist when spreading 7s.. wouldn't we all be happier, then? :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic