Photo critique

I had an engagement session yesterday and wanted to post a photo for

some critique. I realized something very important and that's to

check your settings often. I had realized that at some point in my

photo shoot that my settings button had switched from AV priority to

TV priority and several of my shots had major camera shake and

another lesson is to not hand hold a 70-200mm after you have been

running up and down the side of a mountain and the camera will be

all over the place from heavy breathing and hard heart pounding.

Let me know what you guys think.<div>00CWUG-24097184.jpg.df36d340928d823b9a7b878a55d9f46e.jpg</div>

How are these to be used Sandra?

If for announcements in the newspapers, the first one will simply disappear due to

newsprint reproduction. The second one is nice, but isn't a highly recognizable approach

(which in itself is okay), but may be simply seen as a mistake by the general public by

featuring closed eyes. Personally, I applaud the effort to do something different.

If you have enough resolution in the first shot, I'd try cropping in tighter, and adjusting the

tones. Maybe clone out the rabbit ears on the guy ; -)

I can see what you where after~just did not translate as well. Love the rock wall > you just needed to walk around for different angles. Of course , easy for me to say > you had just climbed a mountain. Great work-they should be quite happy.......

I really like the image. I figured that it was in the mountains based on the depression-era stone wall you see throughout Tennessee, Colorado, and even here in Michigan.

I wish I had seen more context that clearly identified 'mountainous,' whether it be a view of Chattanooga from Lookout Mountain or a hazy Long's Peak from Trail Ridge Road. (but this could be in Europe for all I know)

I like your creativity :-) The only thing I may have done differently would have been to

frame the couple without trees behind them (if that was possible.. perhaps through the

little clearing just to the left of them.) You have such a beautiful pose and I think it's

getting lost in the business of the background. But, knowing the circumstances that you

faced, if you weren't able to get over to that side, I might have turned them the other way.

to try to take advantage of the clearing. Even though we know they aren't looking at the

trees.. I think that the large trees in their view kind of cuts off the sense of vast expansion.

I agree that a tighter crop would help as well. Here's the image with a little tree

trimming... and some screening for depth.<div>00CWc9-24100884.jpg.0360ae4efac60569db26c7d052f2cee5.jpg</div>