folder crituque request.

ramig

recently, I added pictures to my photo.net gallery. Although I hardly use my Leica bodies any more, I am

mostly using my R-D1 with Leica glass. Couple of years ago I posted here, on the Leica forum, a critique

request and the feedback were very helpful. I would highly appreciate comments, criticism, suggestions,

etc.

Thanks.

please note, if anybody is sensitive, some casual nude photos are in the link.

http://www.photo.net/photos/RamiG

(I posted a similar thread on the R-D1 rangefinder's forum, not knowing which is a more appropriate

location.)

so, you want us to do the editing work for you? you have portraits, nudes, children, animals, urban lanscape, landscape, and street all mixed in. why don't you edit down to 12 or 15 images that make a statement, then request a critique. then at least we'll know what you are saying about the world instead of having to guess.

Yes, it is difficult to comment on such a vast array of pictures, ranging from some interesting shots to some that look like accidental shutter releases. I agree, you should edit these down, and probably sort them into categories as well.

Dear Ken, I like the folder the way it is, with the mess it has. You can give any comment you

like, criticizing my photos, describing my poor photographic abilities, or just avoiding any

comment. In any case, for start, it is always a good idea to speak in the single, rahter than in

the plural. However, to be honest, I did not ask for any pedagogical comments, I am too old

for that. Next time, try to keep your rudeness relevant, please.

Rami: Asking for a portfolio critique on PNet is potentially asking for displays of dyspepsia, aggression, and abuse. And the *worst* of the PNet boards in that respect is the Leica forum. You'd get more gentle (and more helpful) constructive criticism over on APUG or RangeFinderForum.com.

My 2 cents: Your nudes/semi-nudes/bedroom shots are intriguing, and a little disturbing. I like them, because they draw me in. The shot of the two manequins is very well done. The photo of the woman in front of the Balthus painting is also a nice catch.

The rest didn't grab me in part because of the choice of subject matter, but more so because of the framing. On many of your shots I either wanted to go wider to see more around the central subject or I wanted to get closer. But that's just a reflection of my preferences.

truly sorry Rami. didn't intend to be rude, relevant or not. i thought my comments had potential to be helpful. i looked at your images again and had the same thoughts about editing. i prefer to comment on what you are saying with your pictures, instead of critiques on technique. afterall, at your advanced age, what would be the point of that?

I agree that the folder needs a far tighter edit. You may "like the folder the way it is" but it's difficult to ask for a critique when most people will lose interest by the 4th or so picture. You have many shots that are essentially the same thing (woman looking into camera as the basic theme) so why not just pick the best one instead of cramming in a dozen slight variations of the same picture.

<p>Generally speaking you need to work on lighting (which in most of your shots is very flat and dull) and post processing. Your post processing in particular is extremely sloppy: tones are strange in your color images and contrast is virtually nonexistent in your B&W. Are the strange tones intentional? I can't tell because there's no consistency.

"Bill Mitchell , jul 29, 2006; 02:39 p.m.

You have one image worth keeping, and two worth saving and reconsidering later.

Don't quit your dayjob."

A little rough. no Bill?"

The work is good. It just needs some cohesive editing.

Keep it up. No matter what your day job may be.

Rami, its a lot to look at. Its very diverse. It would be nice if it was scaled down, and I echo the thoughts of others about the importance of notifying the subjects of the nudes. Still, I've taken the time to look through the images about twice and make notes to tell you what I think. I start out by saying that I also have wonderful images like Winter 2005-the woman in the car-sidelong glance, but these may be more personal to you than great to others, but these are the documentation of your life. No one can judge them but you, but maybe you should not submit so many.

I understand however because I have so many pictures no one has ever seen, and I would love to have some kind of thought-some kind of input for these photographs I have taken.

Here are the ones I liked the most: Bezalel-white gown, Tel Aviv 2005 trees over humble buildings, New York 2003 Trees and clouds, Tel Aviv 2005 Nude brushing teeth, New York 2003 net shadows over body, Tel Aviv 2003 manikins, Ein-Kerem at night, Birthday Girl-big face, Man in subway with F5, Umbrella woman before giant painting.

Remember your forbearers in your endeavors and/or faith, hope, and love. Good luck Rami.