D200 Bracket button

jimitoucan

I just finished my first shoot with a D200. A few times on the shoot I notice that my

exposures were all over the place. Low and behold the bracket exposure was turned on. I

seldom use this feature. Then I realized I was holding the camera so that I was inadvertenly

pushing the button while spinning the wheel for another purpose. I did this a few times

blowing some shots before I realized my error. Anyone else have that problem? or am I the

only clumsy D200 shooter? I think this button is in a bad location.

The real question is; is there a way to desingage the bracket button so it doesn't accidently

engage? Short of sending it to Nikon.

The vertical shutter release button on my D2H is placed so that the edge of my palm can accidentally trip it while holding the camera in the normal horizontal position. I just learned to adjust my grip to avoid this. The vertical release has a locking collar but this slows things down since I routinely use the vertical grip. It was easier to modify the way I hold the camera.

I doubt Nikon would modify the design or operation of the camera. After something like 20 years of production of the F3, Nikon never made what I considered to be a simple modification that would improve the handling of that camera - redesign the AE lock button to push on/push off operation instead of a momentary switch. At least they got it right with later models.