href="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00FsaH">this

thread</a> about the plans for the critique-only forum was set to

expire after only four days, and without a response from the site

administration. </p>

Brian, could you please answer Howard's original questions? Are you

phasing out the critique-only forum, or is a new format for it in

development, as your earlier remark seemed to imply?</p>

Thank you.</p>

Brian, there are a few of us loyal (paying) photo.net customers who used the critique only forum on a regular basis. We are asking to know your intention. Would appreciate your giving us the option back or letting us know it will never be back. My guess is if you don't get a lot of push back from members why bother!

The critique-only option is important to many PN members - please don't get rid of it! It's the best option when you aren't sure about a composition and need advice on what's working (or not). It's pretty much the ONLY way to guarantee advice/comments on a particular image.

I join the others, I lately used the CO possibility, and I think it is importent to keep it for members who are more interested in help through comments. Please admin, let us know your plans about it. Thanks, Pnina

I can access it via this <a href="/bboard/pc-recent-requests?rating_type=photocritique&topic_id=1481&subscriber_p=1&critique_p=1"><b>link</b></a> - is this what you guys mean? (or is there another aspect to it that has disappeared?).

Although I never used the critique only forum, I plead with the others to reinstall that functionality for reasons of principle. Dropping any functions without replacing them with better ones is always a loss and a step to degeneration (if that function was used at all which in this case, it apparently was).

Being new to this site, I am impressed both by the work and how the site is assembled. You have some really good photographers and photographers that have great potential. I believe that any site or forum where opinions and ideas can be expressed to fellow photographers is well worth its salt. I have been a retired commercial photographer and find that I am still excited about photography. The critique section is great and should be kept on the site.

Well, Brian, thank you for letting us know that the Critique Only Forum will return. The current link to it is buried and all but invisible on this site. What we are more curious about is what form will the CO Forum take. Will images posted to it be presented as they are in the Critique Request Forum, only in a separate listing. That would be nice. I would also like to advocate that it be listed and linked to under 'Gallery as a separate listing which would increase its visibility. How about it Brian? What are the plans?

Thanks Brian. Really no need for the snide comment. All we were looking for is some indication that you consider this a priority and that it would be up and running in short order. "Critique Only" is very important to many members here -- paying members who are very active on the site.

Saying it'll be back in a thread here and expecting everyone to read it and spread that word is a tough gig, tectically, though.

I hereby volunteer to do Photo.net newsletters, updating subscribers with valid email addresses as to changes, updates, and enhancements of the site. That way, everyone's on the same page, rather than stumbling across tidbits! It can announce the new POTW as well, and other such items. I bet the newsletter will even show page count spikes in the days following the mail, reminding folks to log in, look around.

All I ask for in return is a Photo.net headband...preferably with a kamikaze on the front. It'd be cool if Brian and Bob would autograph it, too.