Camera Bag for new EOS gear

chris.sager

What kind of bag interests you? Backpack, slingpack, shoulderpack, hippack? There's a million, you should narrow it down a bit. I carry the Tamrac Expedition 5 (5575). it has all of the room you need, but it might not be the type of bag your interested in?

Mike

I have a similar setup to you. Eos 20D, Elan 7, 24-105, 70-200, 17-40, 1.4x TC, and a flash. I use a Domke F2 about 90% of the time. The F2 can hold all of the above, plus the ballhead for my tripod, 20-30 rolls of film, all my filters, cable release, and the manuals for the 2 cameras. Also, it can be had for $83 at Adorama. Another plus is the fact that its not big and bulky, and doesn't scream "steal me!" Bags are a matter of personal preference, but unless you need a backpack, I would go with the Domke.

<p>If you're looking for an <i>all purpose</i> bag, I'd recommend the <a href="http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=44089&sc1=Search&feat=sr">Turbo Transitᆴ Pack</a> (TK49164 ) from LL Bean. You can load the outer compartments with bubble-wrap for extra protection. It's on sale for $34.95.</p>

<p>However, I would suggest getting a specialized bag that fits how you plan on using the camera -- and $100 might not be enough to get one that really works well with you.</p>