Fotoman PS

bob haight

Hello Bob... I just received an email from Stuart Franklin (Head of Magnum UK) who is

using our 45PS camera documenting the receeding glaciers in Europe, and will be

providing us (Fotoman Camera) with a detailed review in the near future. In the meantime,

here are his very first email comments...

"Dear Paul,

I can now report to you with excellent results with the first camera you sent to me with the

120mm lens. I have used the camera from the air and ground. It is especially useful as a

hand-held 5x4 camera in situations where either the normal bellows apparatus would not

work (eg in a helicopter) or where the angle of view is such that the use of a tripod is

impossible (eg certain rooftop views). I have been using the camera in the air at shutter

speeds of 1/500 with exposure of f5.6/8 on Astia Quickload film especially imported from

Japan. Excellent results in the Lake District. I have used the camera hand-held in the Alps

and in London and am very happy with the results. I have not used the Graflex back

camera as yet. Many thanks for your support.

Kind regards,

Stuart."

Paul:

I know people have been chomping at the bit for your cameras - waiting until released, opinions, etc. .

I am guessing you were waiting until all was right before finally releasing so as to avoid quality control issues - I hope all goes well & I may be a future customer.

Good Luck & Regards

Parallax corrected rangefinder version??? Sorry... haven't the slightest clue as to how to

accomplish that with a helical focusing camera. If there are any engineering wizards out there

that could come up with a solution (cost effective) we would love to hear about it. Until then

we'll have to pass. HOWEVER... we are pototyping an accessory (uncoupled) rangefinder very

much like the old Voigtlander (but updated with modern optics,) for those who are

"guestimation" challenged.