Mi Casa Es Su Casa - One and All invited

Javascripting, cookie-data-mining... whatever. I don't feel that any thing should be pushed onto my system other than the info I am requesting from the server(s), ie thread text and images embedded, and a cookie or some other identifier. No spyware, malware, adware, whatever-ware.

Larry Dressler is a memember and he can agree or Disagree but what he can do most of all is stay friends with his friends. We have a choice of films, cameras. and digital but we don't have a choice in understanding. I prefer to chose my friends then understand later.

Larry Dressler<div>00D6PT-25005584.jpg.ac309b55386ec625a05cae1f39573c3d.jpg</div>

"......Javascripting, cookie-data-mining... whatever. I don't feel that any thing should be pushed onto my system other than the info I am requesting from the server(s), ie thread text and images embedded, and a cookie or some other identifier......"

Does this have something to do with the messages like "The following keywords and/or sponsored links have been extracted automatically from the posts in this thread: filters, film, photography, notebook" that have been popping up on PN threads recently?

By this, I assume you mean my starting a forum. No. I had been planning my forum before I lost my job, a while ago. The only thing that has changed is that rather than confine my membership to photographers in the NWAR area, I am opening it to all comers. No big deal either way.

I will continue to read and post to photo.net, but I refuse to remove controls on my machine which prevent me from blocking ads, etc, as I see fit. If the management here sees fit to banish folks who run adblock and the like (and I run flashkiller, adblock, spyware blaster and assorted other items which more or less nuke everything unwanted but the content I wish to access.), then I will be able to enjoy the same fine company elsewhere.

I will also continue to offer my financial support to photo.net via my subscription. I wish them all the best, am prepared to do my part, but my part ends at contributing to the forums (without my words being hotlinked) and my financial input each year.