The 14hr wedding, dinner, mudbog race and reception from Hell...

batee

Nice shot, Todd! Baseball (with a tennis ball) is our son's Standard Poodle's favorite game

-- she is the infield, the outfield, and the catcher for every pitch. We can't take her to

watch local baseball games because she howls and yowls, wanting to join in (she got away

from us a couple of times, grabbing the ball and chasing the base runners).

One of our "rescued Rottie" portraits appears on a rescue organization's calendar this year.

He, and his adopted brother Rottie, have come a long way in a short time. Dog-rescuing

families can work wonders with abused animals.

Brandon's Dad

C Carl,

It's been a mini-challenge self-assignment to photograph these dogs. Black is not easy, and a moving target yet. The ball is actually bouncing off her nose, but let's keep that between us! I have never been really good with action photography and I am trying this with both my E-1 and E-300 with the Oly 40-150 zoom. Dog photography is by far more peaceful than many weddings.

My wife is disabled, and she uses her full grown Rottie for support with a special harnass. The one pictured is a rescued pup and we now think she may have a touch of shepherd in her. Actually both are rescued Rotts.

We have a few calendars with Rotts. Which on is your dog in?

Sorry to get a bit off topic, but this kind of photography practice is good for catching photos of the bride and groom running down the aisle!

Todd,

Papa Bear Is "Mr. December" on the Central Pennsylvania Animal Alliance (CPAA) 2005

Shelter & Rescue Calendar, which describes him as a rescued stray who had "major

behavioral issues." He was terrified and reactive during our session, although he doesn't

look it. His new owners are wonderful; we've photographed their family of rescued dogs a

few times.

Bryan, thanks for your "virtual hospitality" -- nice thread!

Brandon's Dad<div>00CUvq-24058684.jpg.ee9a7d4c9499707652a3920a2cf150d2.jpg</div>