extra lighting and edited for perspective correction and accurate color and

lighting. But to my suprise. They loved the pics and wanted me to send them

an invoice. they showed them to their marketing agency-they called me and

want me to give them bids on job. Here is my question (finally) I have no

Idea what to charge for this kind of work. I really want to opportunity, and

don't want to blow it. I know underpricing is a good way to blow it as well

as overpricing.

thank you very much for your help, Dave

I don't think that anyone can answer your question in terms of figures - so much depends on local circumstances.

But it may be a big help to find out how much your local pro commercial photographers quote you for a similar job and price accordingly, assuming that you can produce the same quality and the same level of service. I feel that pricing should be within +- 25% of the average local rate.

One final point, I charge by the day or half day, with half day being the minimum charging unit.

Hope this helps

Dave, These are great questions, and if everyone of us used the same pricing it would be simple to follow - but you have to evaluate each area of your photography market you wish to provide services for. In this case I'd recommend the following:

- Be precise on what the final product is the customer wants, and do your best to meet that specific agreement. If you can't deliver exactly what they want, then make it understood what you can and will provide. Make sure the amount of time is part of that deal (otherwise after accepting a bid you find out they want you on site all day - when you had a couple of hours in mind).

Pricing: I'd recommend that you start out bidding an hourly rate, with expenses added to that, or you charge a package price per site.

For instance:

- $150 per hour, plus whatever you wish to charge for the delivered product (i.e. Plus $250 for one digital cd of all shots and one color print or slide of each shot taken during each assignment, etc.. )

- Or, $250 per hour which includes a CD of all shots, etc..

Remember that you are putting a lot of time in travel, setting up your lighting, using your expertise to evaluate the job, and the wear and tear on your equipment!

Be professional, and provide your estimate on a professional form, or typewritten document, and don't over extend yourself into something you are not familiar with - set your limit and let the customer know the limit of what you can/will provide without relaying a hint of inexperience.

Good Luck! Also you might find information like this site which has lots of great help! http://www.photoformsplus.com

r/jeff...

thanks Jeff, your answer gave me good principle to go by with pricing of my work. Also you gave me other helpful thought about having a professional presentation. I didn't tell them that I don't know what I'm doing, so now they asked me to shoot exterior shots. Twilight shots with full lighting. This will be interesting.

Dave