things that weren't planned or posed but just worked!

caseychappell

here is a bridal pose that I shot a few months ago that I just smile when I look at it. The bouquet was just

a dozen roses that I had bought from fresh market and wrapped a ribbon around it. At the very end of the

shoot we took one last pose and the flowers had been through a lot, having been thrown around and

usually carried by me from pose to pose location but I just handed them to her and said just hold these in

your lap. Took the pictures and never noticed the shape they were in until I was editing later. Cool huh! a

little cheesy but cute. anyway, just thought I'd throw the question out there, things that you never noticed

until later or things that just fell into place that you could never have planned. I'd love to see or hear about

them.<div>00HWsb-31532184.thumb.jpg.744fc36c6672a434888e2cfc3312f303.jpg</div>

the eyes look very dead on your 10:07 p.m. colour shot, Casey. Looks like a bit of ps touch up went into it and feel a seperate lighter layer brushed in for just the eyes and the catch lights, as I see in your b&w version, would benifit this image greatly.

Thanks for the comment about the eyes. I agree. I'm still a bit overwhelmed with all that goes

into editing on the computer. But that's a must do. The eyes are everything!

I bought flowers for the bride because she asked me to pick up some for her. she's a friend.

Sometimes I feel like the wedding planner, hair, flowers, etc.... good thing I like wedding

stuff.

the heart just happened! so unplanned!I didn't even realize it was a heart until post

processing.

great images!

it's dead simple once you've done it Casey. In a nut shell, you make another layer the way you want the eyes amd make sure it is the bottom of the two layers then selct your original layer, the top one, and click on the masking layer icon on the bottom of you layers pallet, then select your brush in the tool pallet, you'll notice in the tool bar opacity and brush size for you to adjust, you'll never use 100% on the edges of where you are masking, and if yougo to far, you can reverse the order of the balck and white boxes in the tool pallet, black on top means the brush will allow the bottom layer through, white on top undoes it.

Here is one of my favorite non posed shots. I always try to pretend to be distracted while the bride and groom are posing for portraits so they think they have a minute or two to interact. I pretend to be putting a new battery into my cammery then I watch them out of my eye and see what they do. This is my favorite shot from these attempts, I always get something good, but I really love this shot.<div>00HXAW-31540984.jpg.ab9edf1499dd73cfc1095108e88e0241.jpg</div>

This isn't of the bride or groom, but a candid caught during the wedding ceremony. I dig it for several reasons. First, I love how pious these little acolytes look (I personally don't see that often), and secondly, there is a fan behind one of the boys' heads that looks like a halo to me. This is probably one of those detail/ candid shots that the B&G will never linger on, but I rather fancy it just the same.<div>00HXBT-31541684.jpg.75e3b95c7165a994d012f0f9fc399a69.jpg</div>