Blue Ridge Mountains near Waynesboro, VA

decolady

Crabtree Falls is (I believe) the highest waterfall in Virginia. Head south on the Blue Ridge Parkway from Waynesboro for about 25 miles, then east on VA56 for 6 or 7 miles. There is a paved parking area on the right. The lower part of the falls, which are really a series of falls, is wheelchair-accessible, but the upper portions require a somewhat strenous hike on a well-maintained trail.

<p>

I also like the <a href="http://www.frontiermuseum.org/">Frontier Culture Museum</a>, in Staunton, VA. It's an outdoor museum, with recreated farmsteads from England, Ireland, Germany, and the Shenandoah Valley. The buildings and animals are authentic, transported to the museum from their original locations.

<p>

And presumably you know Waynesboro is at the southern entrance to Shenandoah National Park, so I won't mention that :)

Loren, I did know about the NP ;-) but this will be my first trip there. Thanks so much for the tips on the Museum and the Falls. They sound right up my alley. I've only had my D50 a couple of weeks and I'm anxious to play with it.

Becky