Problem With Upper Left Corner on Polaroids

larry_menzin

I'm using a 600-type polaroid back on a 6x9 camera and the upper left corner

(about 1/4 of the frame) is totally white on all shots. The rest of the frame

is fine. The film pack was not fogged. When I peel apart the negative and

positive, there is no resistance on the corner that is white, i.e., no gel was

applied in that area. This is the last part that is pulled through the rollers.

Is there a problem with the rollers? They appear fine. Any ideas? Also, the

film pack I'm using is Fuji FP-100C.

I had a similar problem with 545 metal holder and 53 film, I was told that the film needs to be stored flat and not on its sides. Also clean the rollers. I have not tried another batch yet, but now I keep my film flat. If you have success doing so pls let me know.

Check that you let the film reach room temperature if you keep it in the 'fridge. Cold can

cause this.<p>Also, the whole batch of film can be defective, not just the one pack. Buy

another unrelated pack of film and see if it still happens.<p>I'm basing this on your saying

that the rollers appear fine, but just for yucks, remove them and rinse them with warm water

and a toothbrush, dry them off, and inspect the plastic bearings they roll in with a magnifying

glass for wear. Then put a small drop of silicone spray lubricant on the roller bearings with a

tweezer using them as you would a draftsman's ruling pen. Measure that the two rollers are

parallel AS THEY ARE, (don't disassemble them), with a calipers or a micrometer.<p>I'll bet

it's just the film, though.

I had the lower right corner not getting developed and was told by Polaroid that it sounds like the rollers need adjustment and they could do it for $75. I havent sent it in yet so can confirm. But this was happening to different degrees with several different boxes of polaroid. Sometimes the white triangle would be very small, and sometimes as long as 3/4", sometime not at all.