Critique requested:

This photo is very good, Matt. YAY. Spot on exposure, perfect clarity and sharpness on the faces, natural expression, I would say one of those decisive moment picture. Any story behind the pic?

Matt,

I think this shot is exactly right. Lutz's tweek is fine too. It's all a matter of taste at this point. The boys are great. The boy bending over makes this a more than the usual picture of boys. The background is important. The photo reminds me of guess what--? The HCB shot of the boy carrying the wine bottle. The background looks all wrong until you start reading the photograph closely. Then it all comes together. With you shot the background jumps right in immediately, at least to my eye.

<i>"A better picture would have been with the kids doing something more natural, playing or something."</i><BR><BR>

Looks natural to me. With many children there is nothing more natural than <i>finding</i> them pose in front of your camera; to the point that you need to start playing reverse psychology so they can get out of the way.

The boy bending down is no problem for me, but the in-the-face wide angle shot and the bulbous noses etc bother me. It does not add to the picture. A bit further off with a narrower lens would do it for me. But who am I to pick nits, and maybe that overemphasis is what you want and like ... I do not.