Photo Pro or Capture 1

I take nearly all my photos in RAW and have been using Capture One for almost a year to crop, adjust and convert them to jpg. I am not very technical at all but I think Capture One is excellent. It uses a straightforward sequence of operations and is user friendly and efficient. My son, who is a professional photographer uses the program and recommended it to me. I only use Canon's Digi Pro (which was supplied with my EOS 20D) for photos I shoot in jpg. EOS Utility(also supplied with my 20D) I only use for storage and viewing of photos and shooting information. I don't find it very useful otherwise.

Capture one is an excellent piece of software. I've tried them all, and capture one seems to extract an amazing amount of detail from my raws. I tried ACDsee but it doesn't have the kind of control C1 gives. IMHO it's worth buying C1-LE.

Yeh, I second (third?) capture one. I use the LE version which I got for $99. Compared to the tiff's from C1, the results from adobe ACR look soft and featureless. It's not as if C1 is applying a lot of sharpening. There's a ton of fine detail in my C1 results which are simply blurred or absent in ACR converts.

Canon DPP does a pretty good job. In fact the raw converts from DPP contain more detail than an ACR output from my experience, and almost comparable to C1.

Acdsee is junk for raw conversion. I wouldn't waste money on it.