Any news or new reviews on the Epson V700/750?

Any news or new reviews (beside the one on i-photo) on the new Epson

V700/V750?

I'm asking as I'm about to purchase a new scanner. I had the Coolscan

V in mind but if the V700 is somewhat close I might buy th eV700 as

I'm planning to go for a second hand Pentax 67 as well and those MF

slides must be scanned as well (somefink the coolscan doesn't do, right?)

cheers

Marc

photo-i shows the 7000 inferior to Nikon 4000, which is in turn inferior to V because of its well known focus problems and less subtle Ice3.

Nikon V (and 5000) Ice4/infared is better than other versions, doesn't hurt the finest detail...if you're shooting a lot of 35, that's worth considering.

Consider two scanners: V plus a 4490 or 4990, perhaps with Doug's anti-newton glass film holder for your 120. You can wet mount with any Epson flatbed, as well...750 isn't necessary for that.

It's yet to be reported how 750 stacks up against Nikon 9000 (the most obvious comparison). Nikon 800/9000 film flatness is inferior to Epsons with Doug's carrier, and accessories to get flat 120 from a big Nikon costs more than an entire Epson scanner.

OK, flatness is important for getting a sharp image, but so is the light path between the lens/CCD and the film (flatbeds introduce glass into that path). So how much does that extra flatness affect the image compared to the cleaner light path? In short, what's the best final image?