PC Cord for Vivitar 285 Flash

paul_mcevoy

Hi there,

I'm trying to connect my Vivitar 285 flash to my Yaschica 124 TLR. It

looks like the flash has a female PC connector as does the camera

(they both have the one with the pin with the hole in the center of

it). I can't find a cable with two female ends, they all have one

male and one female.

I'm wondering if I should order a replacement hotshoe for the flash?

Is this normal? It looks like all the flash cables that are labeled

for use with the 285 have one male and one female. Am I missing

something?

Thanks

Paul

I had this problem with my Nikon 29S ring flash and N-55 camera. My solution was a cheap one but it served as a solution. I took 2 cable with the male/female connectors and just spliced together so it had 2 like ends. Works great. I do need a pair of wire cutters/strippers, soldering iron, multimeter with an ohm setting and some heat shrink.

Jay

You could have one made by Paramount Cords(sorry forgot the URL) or you could do what

any self respecting assistant does.I have a coffecan with every conceaveably obsolete

adapter

(hh to pin. hh to fmale and all kinds of others for speedotron , dynalight and whatever I'm

likely yo encounter on a job. Search the bay, youd be surprised what you'll find.I've found

all kind of weird cofigirations for REAL cheap. If they don't work. your only out a small bit

and maybe able to splice your own cords. By the way the vivitazr cor for thr 283 doess

have one male & one female. Good luck

Your Vivitar flash should have come with a special PC Sync cord that is regular pc sync male on one end and the Vivitar-specific male on the other end.

search on eBay for keywords: "Vivitar Sync" and you will find more than one vendor selling them. Most are knock offs made in India. I bought a couple and they work fine.

Most of those cords are short so you would buy the "one male and one female" pc sync cords that you already saw as an extension if you need a longer cord.

strange... I have a hotshoe adapter like that - it requires male to male PC sync, but I never saw a Vivitar 285 flash like that. Must be an early model or something? Not the 285HV I take it.

Anyway, again you can find them on ebay...

For example, there is currently one listing:

"1 ft Short Straight Flash Sync Cord Male-Male"