missing photos

ccd853

Forgive me, if I just do not understand how photo.net works.

On the last two photos I submitted for critiques, they do not appear in the top

rated gallery when I look for where they should be based on the averages. It

seems they are just disappearing. I then hardly get any ratings or feedback on

my photos. Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Courtney

You may want to make sure you have chosen the right time frame for the TRP. The automatic time frame is 3 days, from when you uploaded that photo. I looked at both of your last two photos submitted for critique and they both have more ratings and critiques than I ever receive, so I do not understand what the problem is.

The TRP is based on ratings recieved from the 'Rate Recent' feature for 'All' photos. You have to have at least five of these ratings to be in the TRP. The non-anonymous ratings(ie, the ones with peoples' names by them) are given by people rating outside this feature and are not counted toward the TRP. So far, it looks as if your latest photo has two ratings from the rate recent queue. Also, the TRP only updates every three hours (I think).

Please do a search for similar posts before posting your questions. This subject has been discussed ad nauseum of late, and a simple search will give you all the explanation you need.

If I'm correct, the time-frame also applies to when you first upload the photo to the site, not to when you submit it for critique. Perhaps this is wrong, but that's what I believe I've observed in the past.

Zack is correct about the time for seeking critique and being eligible to appear on the 24-hour and three-day 'views'.

If you wish to request a critique, you should do so quite soon after uploading, as the time for appearing on the TRP sort engine display views (24-hour view, 3-day view, etc.) begins from the moment you 'UPLOAD' the photo, NOT from the time you request a critique. This is a common way in which members and subscribers find their critiqued photo is not displayed on the TRP engine -- they simply waited more than 24 hours or 3 days to request a critique and it never showed on the display. That can easily be avoided. Perhaps there ought to be a beginner's manual with that particular instruction printed in big, bold type, as it also is a frequently-raised question -- ('Q. why doesn't my photo show A: it was uploaded three weeks ago and is ineligible for short-term views.')

If you pay attention to such things, and the rules pointed out to you above, you'll not end up searching for photos that don't appear in the TRP search engine; you'll know when to find them there and the engine almost never makes mistakes. (It does take time to update, however, and the longer views take much longer times to update with the update time noted on the page viewed, generally)

John (Crosley)