Using the Pentax 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5 DA lens on a Canon-maybe?

wayne_campbell

Probably yes, but: No AF + manual stop down via aperture ring, if the lens has one. - If not you'll only be able to shoot totally stopped down or would have to mod the lens (Take it out and fiddle around with the aperture lever, lock it however).

Get yourself a K100D if you wish to enjoy Pentax lenses. Canon's 2 MP advantage shouldn't be that important. I'd guess the adapter to cost about at least $120. The most expensive ones I've ever seen are about $300. (Voigtlaender Prominent to Leica M or similar weird stuff) Manual focussing of AF lenses isn't very pleasant too.

If you aren't a digital landscape photographer in desperate need of a certain lens don't even think about adapting!

DA 10-17 lens has no apperture ring, so its almost useless for adapter use. Also K to EOS mount adapters are best suited for use with EF-S mount cameras (350D,20D &30D).

However Tokina will release/has released it's own version of 10-17 fisheye (Pentax and Tokina have lately co-operated in optical desing), which most likely will be available at Canon EF mount.

"However Tokina will release/has released it's own version of 10-17 fisheye (Pentax and Tokina have lately co-operated in optical desing), which most likely will be available at Canon EF mount."

-but, Pentax has a sweet price right now, made sweeter by their rebate. I doubt Tokina will be dishing out any bargains.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 5 weeks later...