How to use the Sports Finder?

wai_leong_lee

I have the sports finder below, but can't figure out how to use it.

1st, the Hasselblad 100-250 hood has edges which are too thick for me to clamp

the finder on to, the finder in fact fits my Hasselblad 60-80 hood (which has an

indent on the edge of the hood).

2nd, when I hold the finder onto the 100-250 hood, the outline frame doesn't

look anything like the view through my 150 mm lens.

So my question is, does this sports finder have 150/250 frame lines? How do I

sight my subject through it, with proper framing?

Thanks in advance for any help.<div>00HJNt-31207084.jpg.4214c02d4affe4c6024748b58cee961e.jpg</div>

The rubber band frames the view of 150 mm lenses. The outer edge is for the 250 mm lens.<br>But do not expect precise framing; always allow room around the subject as seen through the sportsfinder.<br><br>You line up behind the finder such that the front and rear diagonal bits appear as one cross. Putting your face against the back of the camera will set the correct distance (more or less) between your eye and the finder.<br><br>The thing was made to fit the old thinner (metal) shades made for the C-lenses, but is a tight fit anyhow.

Thanks. The rubber band is for 150 mm lenses? I thought the rubber band, which is on the inside, is for 250 lenses while the metal edges on the outside is for the 150, since the field of view of a 250 lens would be smaller than that of a 150?

Wai Leong

=\==

The sports finder is no more manufactured, and as far as I know, since a long time. That's why it's very difficult to find some documentation or informations on it.<p>

I am maybe wrong, but I think that the sports finder is for 135 and 250mm, not for 150mm. IMO, the precedent answer is wrong, the outside wider frame is for 135mm, and the inside narrower is for 250mm.<p>

Then, here is a photo of another <a href="http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/d9/5e/e5_1_b.JPG">model.</a> And you can notice on it a small lever on right that I don't see on yours. (But maybe not the same model).<p>

If the sports finder system works like on my Rollei, the system has 3 pieces : <br>

<ul>

<li>A specific lens hood (80-250) with attachment,

<li>The sport frame finder itself with frames (80, 150 and 250 on the Rollei),

<li>A <u>rear sight</u>, screwed on the prism eyecup.

</ul>

Without this rear sight, I don't see how you can see and frame your subject.<br>

I am not sure that this sports finder is for your camera, but maybe for a 1000 series.<br>

Try to find its reference in an old "Hasselblad Compendium". You will have the answer, and see if you miss some parts.<br>

Jean-Louis,<br><br>The finder was made for 150 and 250 mm lenses. Not 135 mm. It appeared in 1964, long after the Sonnar 135 mm lens, well before the S-Planar 135 mm lens.<br>There was a 135 mm lens mask for the flash contact cum sportsfinder for the 1000-series cameras, but this is not it.<br>The photo your link shows is the exact same version: there was only one. ;-)