Digital Picture Frames

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the small LCD

digital picture frames. Want to get one for mom so I need simple.

Can anyone provide me with some guidance, are they any good, special

requirements etc.

Thanks

Marc

They are a fun conversation piece and non photgraphers will probably love them but most of the ones I have seen that have a reasonable price tag lack a bit in sharpness and the color is often off to some extent (usually oversaturated). If you can find a unit that has a timer which turns the unit off after a predetermined amount of time has passed (or one that turns on and off based on an internal clock), I think this feature would prolong the display's life. The one I bought for my mom gets pretty warm and I just hope she remembers to turn it off at night! Many models are now able to play short videos. No doubt some moms would really like this feature. FWIW, Target has a small one on sale this week for $137 if memory serves right. I don't know anything about it but the price is tempting :)

<p> Doug<p>

<a href="http://www.betterscanning.com">New film holder designs for Epson, Agfa and Microtek</a>

Thanks Doug for the response. I saw the one at Target for $139 and I was going to try my memory card in it to see how it handled the pictures instead of the demo program but the demo units memory slots were disabled. The picture quality seems just OK but I think for my mothers purposes would be acceptable. I may just have to buy one and try it out.

I guess you could put a standard timer switch at the outlet of any of these units to shut them off at night in an effort to save screen life.

Marc