remember taking, but I did take them and accept full responsibility

for them. I offer the viewing of them to PN members, not for the

high quality they portray (some are rather mediocre) but simply to

share a sponsored experience that is no longer available to the

public. A few hours one day wandering the streets of Wetzlar,

Germany with a roll of Plus-X, an M2 body, one of a variety of

lenses to be swapped with others in the class and here are the

results. Check out my "Leica School, 1963" folder. Your comments

will be gratefully received and your questions promptly answered.

Best, LM.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you enjoyed viewing them. They were nearly all (37 or 38 of them) taken on the one roll of Plus-X they (Leica School) provided. So what you see is everything I took that day with the balance either taken by our instructor or on the second day in the lab. Great experience. Best, LM.

Of the eight 'students' two of us were Canadian servicemen, one was an older retired gentleman in his 70's on a trip around the world (used an Alpa camera as I recall) and I believe the rest were U.S. servicemen\woman. I've posted a photo of these guys as well. It was said by one observer that he knew we were mostly servicemen by the shiny shoes in the group photo. :-) Check it out! Best, LM.

Bob, Happy to share! Although not masterpieces, their age and the fact they all turned out, I felt I needed to share them with other like minded people who might appreciate them. I never did buy any Leica equipment other than a ball head (the long one) for my tripod but I can't even look at Leica equipment without thinking of those few days. Happy associations ! Best, LM.
  • Like 1

Very nice pictures Len! It seems like it was a great experience. I am always shocked at how

much more formal and presentable everyone looked back then (I wasn't born until '78). Also,

there just seemed to have been far fewer people. In any case, that is a very high success rate

for one roll! Nice work.

I'm happy you all got a kick out of them. Gary, thanks for helping out, I'm a bit computer challanged. :-) Stuart, Yah, people did have a more formal dress code back then but then, smoking in the workplace was commonplace too. (see shot of instructor in classroom directing student. Looks like a cigarette in his hand though I wouldn't swear to it - can't see any smoke) Charles, re: the '63 VW. Well it WAS 1963 & this guy must have thought he was 'king of the road' to have such a new car. Best, LM.

The copying assignment shot brings back memories! That's done with the Valoy enlarger base board and column: the lamphousing removed, M body with Viso could be attached with an adaptor plate. In my teens I copied artwork with this set-up for my uncle's lectures. Are you still in Canada Len- I'm in Calgary. I enjoyed your shots.

Hans, Thanks for filling in some of the blanks. This copy set up must have been common for Leica users of the day. I hadn't even noticed that the copy stand was also an enlarger stand. Glad you liked the folder shots. Best, LM. (Barrie, On.)

• 10 years later...

dear len, i just left another msg under your leica school forum. i happen to have a copyof Leica Fotografie no 1.1970 and on its last page was this notice from TheLeica 63 group. i'd be most grateful if you would shed light on this rather unique club in those days, and chances are you might have been a member! does Leica 63 still exist today? grateful for any input. thanks a lot. francis. email: franciswann@gmail.com

P70321-074535-001-001-001.thumb.jpg.ed562ce9a5a686a5f0e57d2e94a0ba34.jpg