35 lux pre-ASPH

zdenek

It looks like a 4th version 35 Summicron but with a larger front element and a rather unusual, slender 'winged' aperture ring. Seems awkward to use on first encounter, but use forefinger for focussing and thumb for aperture, and you're away.

There is only one optical formula for the 35mm pre-asph Summilux (in two barrel designs).

The first had a bazaar rectangular hood that bayoneted to the front of the lens - I would stay clear of this one because they get a hefty "collector" premium, plus the shade could cost you as much as the lens (if you can find one). If I recall, it took 43mm filters.

The second, described above (and pictured below), took a round clip-on hood. The hood screwed apart and took series VII filters. Again, as memory serves, this version also had 39mm filter threads on the barrel.<div>00GQQo-29996184.jpg.73d0f80500911c3f874177f9f70745a8.jpg</div>

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

I've got this lens and it take Series VII filters as Bill mentions but it hasn't got a 39mm thread

ring - more's the pity. Very compact. It seems to get a real bashing by some but it works very

well for me @1.4. I like it also at F-stops between 2-4. My gallery page on this site has some

examples.