FYI VC Ultra Wide Heliar 12mm/5.6 photos

miky

Just the lens and VF mounted on a Bessa L body (VF centered with the lens). I never use any filters, not even UV (I never saw the need for a $30 glass on a $600 or more lens that brings 2 more reflective surfaces in the system). Film is always Fuji (Reala or Velvia 50 mostly) for color and Ilford (XP2) for B&W. Vignette is still visible but I try to "defeat" it choosing a better light angle and a smaller aperture value (8 or 11 for this lens). I test all my lenses before extensive shooting in the studio with controlled lighting. This way I know there capabilities and limitations and live with that. I've been through a lot of lenses in my life but used only few right now. I'm selling a chrome model (xmas gift) because I bought and still using a black one. Before I bought it I couldn't find any photos shot with it to give me an idea of how good or bad it is. So I took my changes and I'm more than satisfied with it. Please remember that I'm using a Bessa L with VC 15/4.5 permanently mounted on a bracket with a flash for indoors, groups, etc so I know both lenses in every aspect. But as Dante Stella said "...it won't make you take better pictures. That comes from inside."