their camera body.

I am upgrading from a Digital Rebel (300) and my question is, would

all of the standard accessories from the Rebel be compatable with the

20D? I belive that the battery is. I was wondering about the cables

and software. If so, one of these might be a good deal for me,

otherwise I'll spend the extra $$$, although I'd rather use it for a

lens

Any insights that you have would be greatly appreciated. Karen

Battery/charger/USB cable/video cable should be. The software is different. Having said that, updates may be downloadable from Canon's web site. Not sure about the reputability of these vendors, though. Aren't you going to be selling the Digital Rebel, though? I would think it would sell better if you sold the accessories with it. Besides, I can't help but think you would want a fresh battery. :)

Karen,

I'd be very careful with many of the vendors that you are checking prices with. Sounds like a 'trap' to me.

I just checked what B&H Photo is selling the Canon 20d body only for and their price is $1099. I'd say that you can not expect to buy a new 20d for $800 - $900.

Here is a link that you can use to check out reputation of many E-tailers.

http://www.resellerratings.com/

Be very careful.

I hope this helps.

//Chuck

It sounds very much like a scam.

Canon don't sell the 20D without all the accessories. Where are they getting these "replacement" cameras from? If it's Canon, what are they doing with all the accessories they paid for? If it's not from Canon, where did they come from?

My guess is that if you order one, they'll try to sell you the accessories and if you decide you don't want them, the camera will be out of stock.

Hi Karen, a few months ago I went through a month of the "Which Camera" thing, then a week of the "Where to Buy" thing. Definately got to resellerratings.com. Avoid the "Great" prices. They take your order online, then arrange phone contact to "Confirm your order". During the phone call they sell you the $30 battery for $150, the charger for $250 (which are both already included in the body kit). You will likely get exactly what you pay for. B&H has a good reputation (if lacking in customer service). I chose to buy from Profeel, because the B$H representative was rude to me when I asked for a quote. Same price (How can any vendor afford to be rude to a potential customer?) Anyway, my 20D w/accessories arrived from Profeel on time and complete. Also, make sure the camera has an USA Warranty. You're gonna love that camera (If you buy a real one).

You're right about the trying to sell you the additional accessories, and also right about the "out of stock". However, the replacement camera package idea did sound kind of legit and thought that I could use my budget more effectively if I could get a deal. I've had good luck with B & H in the past so will probably use them. BTW, Hubby is taking the Rebel so no resale issues there. I might even share my lenses with him.

thanks for your prompt responses. Karen