30D: 'Cleanest' ISO?

eos 10 fan

It's performance at ISO 800 is the best I've seen in a digital SLR. You might consider also processing the image with <a href="http://www.picturecode.com/">Noise Ninja</a>, though. When doing so, be sure to process a TIF created from the RAW source file, and not a JPG. Though processing a JPG is possible, you don't want to do that if your goal is a clean image.

Thanks for the responses folks.

The reason I asked is that I remember reading one of Chuck Westfall's posts on RG that said one (or more) of the 1 series bodies had the cleanest images fron 200 ISO. Sadly the RG forums were sold and are now only available with a paid subscription from prophotohome.com - so all of CW's 2000+ are not gone, but not readily readable either; a knowledge base lost.

"When [processing your image with Noise Ninja], be sure to process a TIF created from the RAW source file, and not a JPG. Though processing a JPG is possible, you don't want to do that if your goal is a clean image."

I only shoot in JPEG, and have run dozens of ISO 800 and 1600 Large/Fine JPEGs through Noise Ninja, and the results are excellent. Can you explain why you propose that clean JPEGs are not possible from NN?