FS: 5string banjo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three questions:

1. Is this one of the newer digital banjos?

2. Is there a lot of brassing where the straps were attached?

3. Has Erwin Puts reviewed that model of Ford Taurus, and does it come with a lens?

I guess that was four questions, sorr.

Cool.

I have a Craftsman chainsaw I'd like to sell, too. The box said "for occasional use only" and I

ignored it.

F/S: Craftsman 18" 42cc chainsaw. Extremely finnicky about fuel/oil mixture. Overheats

and must be rested after every 15 minutes of use. Comes with my "outasight" guarantee:

Once it's out of my sight, the guarantee is over.

Craig - "Is the "Leica AG staff anthem", sung every day before work begins, written for banjoe?"

Actually, it is. Ernst Leitz was a prolific banjo player, writer, and singer of folk songs. Several of his songs are still sung occasionally at Leica, such as the ever popular Regenbogenkorrektur (roughly "rainbows are correct") that he wrote to to celebrate the creation of APO lenses.

I won't rehash the entire story of Oscar Barnack's career as a writer of children's books, in addition to his photographic achievements, or the history of his creation of what is known in English speaking countries as "Sesame Street", it was well covered on photo.net already.

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00FmOz&tag=

After acquiring the rights to the Sesame Street characters, Jim Henson created the banjo playing frog, Kermit, as a tribute to Earnst Leitz, who was known (in addition to his love of the banjo) for his bulging eyes and greenish complexion.

Years later, in the Muppet Movie, Leitz's song went from "rainbow correction" to "rainbow connection".

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/rainbow.htm

The movie was a smashing success, although it did not contain the popular Muppet "Elmo" (known as "Elmirat" in the original Barnack stories). Elmo, as you're well aware, is the Muppet with the round, red face, the living embodiment of the Leica red dot.