Leica whatzit?

"Focusslide" is the generic name for it though there have been several models with other names. It is a sliding focusing copying attachment; it mounts on a copying stand or tripod and the camera body is attached to the back. The lens is mounted on the other side and focused on the object to be copied which is projected on the ground glass. The body is then slid over the lens and the exposure made. With normal lenses it will not focus to infinity but rather in the macro range. With longer focus lenses in short mount it can be used as a view camera for tele work. However, its best use is for copying and macro work and the tele work left to the Visoflexes.

In a way yes, I was curious when I saw it and didn't know what it was used for. I emailed Al, he responded with the answer with reference to a book. He suggested I post the bay listing. I did so, but in a way to see if anyone had experience with the device. No score cards kept.

Ninety eight percent or more of the queries on this forum could be answered by an exhaustive google search, but then what would the rest of us do for entertainment? Not every poster here has access to exhaustive Leica references, and most of the time some of us get a kick out of helping the guy with the problem. If this bothers some people why don't they just refrain from surfing the threads.

<i>Thanks all. Incredible, the attachments you can find for Leicas.</i><BR><BR>

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some clever soviet copier out there that will "find" a colonoscopy kit adaptor for the MD. "Rare Leica Item!" will fetch the hexadigits.

Yeah, there are some strange accessories out there. Back thirty some years ago, before my first wife attended medical school she worked for a Miami based company that imported Leisegang Colposcopes, and they had an arangement with E. Leitz to import Leica MD bodies to use on them. A colposcope is a low power stereo microscope used by gynacologists to examine and photograph the cervix. They're not mentioned in the Leica Manual ;-)