Canon 10d (excellent condition)

- battery grip and 2 Canon batteries

- Canon camera backpack

- 512MB CF card

- 2 Sigma lenses (28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 and 70-300mm f/4-5.6

- manual,cables, software and battery charger

$750

I'm looking to upgrade from my Minolta HTsi film SLR. It's probably

more camera than I know what to do with, but I want to learn.

Adorama is showing one used Ex. condition 10D for $624, so with all the goodies, this sounds OK, but not terrific. The Canon backpack is only about $40, a #512 card is only about $20 at the computer stores, the Sigma lenses might disappoint you, but they're cheap with this deal, as is the BG.

If you trust the seller, no big reason to pass it up

I'd looked up a number of reviews at some other sites, and these lenses don't at first glance appear to be the top of the Sigma line, and just got so-so reviews, but there are several variants and these may be the better ones.

In any event they're cheap enough to take the chance on, again if in good shape

From looking at completed auctions, it appears to me that, even on eBay, where EOS gear tends to sell for irrationally high prices (e.g., used lens selling for more than B&H new), such a 10D bundle would go for less than $750.

Without the lenses, I'd say that $500 would be a reasonable price for an excellent 10D body, grip, and basic accessories (batteries, charger, CF) in a private, local sale.

You might assess how much the lenses (and backpack?) are worth to you, and make two offers: one without the lenses and backpack, and one with.

This one's for Daniel. B&H does have BRAND NEW Canon 10D's. I bought one two months ago for the listed price of $800. When I ask the source of the these cameras B&H said they are excess stock that Canon had in a warehouse and have offered then to B&H. My copy is in new original condition and qualifies for the full Canon warranties as any new camera. It is just like the first one I bought two years ago and there is nothing to say it is not new. I used a new CF card with it and the counter started at 0001 in continuous counting mode. So, I have good reason to believe these 10D'S from B&H new stuff and in my years of dealing with them I have never doubted their reputation as honest traders.

I see the 10D and Big Ed grip going for 750-800 on ebay all the time. However if B&H has

them for $800 I'd go for it. You get a warranty and brand new body. Those Sigma lens aren't

that great. Why put cheap glass on a nice body?

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

Thanks for the feedback everyone, exactly what I was looking for.

I would buy it new from B&H, but for that price I could also get the Rebel XT with Canon 18-55mm Lens and still have $100. :)

Although, I do like the fact of getting it new with warranty vs being the 3rd owner. :\