Sensor cleaning supply

richard_liu2

I'm looking for vendor recommendation for sensor cleaning(kit) supply (Eclipse,

ped pad, etc). I lost those links during computer upgrade. I was lucky enough

to have Nikon clean the sensor when they had service advisory, but the DIY time

has finally come. TIA.

Does that SensorSweep brush from Copper Hill work as well as the Sensor Brushes from VisibleDust? Hellavalot cheaper.

I know the VisibleDust products are very highly regarded, but I never got one due to high cost, and the fact that the tried-and-true PecPads + Eclipse + Wendy's knife method works just fine for me on my D100. I've been curious about the static brush technology though, and hadn't heard of VisibleDust having any competition in the market until just now.

Richard - you have plenty of good leads to follup up on at this point. I suggest you ignore the last suggestion though; the pre-made SensorSwabs are too expensive. If you're going the wet route, get PecPads, and make swabs yourself by wrapping them around a suitable tool.

Darren

"Does that SensorSweep brush from Copper Hill work as well as the Sensor Brushes from VisibleDust? Hellavalot cheaper."

I have both, none of them work too well at eliminating dust, they reduce it by some amount. The VD brush didn't smear, but the CH brush did. Maybe my bad.

The wet contact cleaning by eclipse+pec-pads+sensorswipe is still the most effective way.