repair a jobo atl2? hose diagram?

I purchased a ATL 2 a few months back, and i still haven't gotten it

running yet. all the chemical hoses were cracked. So i took all the

hoses off. That was like a month ago. Now i can't remember where any

of the hoses go. cold/hot water line. input and output of the coil.

Not even sure if the orientation of the chemical hoses matter as it

all collects at one spot. though there are sensors (needles) in

there. I'm not sure where anything goes. even once i get the hoses

on. I'm not even sure if the unit works. it's pretty beat up.

I really do need help now, feels like i bought a huge plastic paper

weight.

Thanks

Wing

Manually run it to pump in chemicals, feeling the air coming out of the air distributor and plumbing the air tubes to bottles 1-6. The chemistry gets pumped through the larger rubber hoses into the head, where it pours into the drum. When the drum lifts, the liquid pours out into the distributor arm, which looks like a black plastic kitchen faucet, where it's dumped into either the catch bottles, or in between for the rinse water.

Dan, Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot. the power switch is very flimsy and looked abused. i have to replace a missing fuse, since the cap for it is gone.

how about the water lines? how does it rinse? where is the water coming from? where does the water line run to on the distributor? to and from the coil?

As for the distributor, does it matter which chemical bottle it's coming from? i looked down the holes and in the center top one, there is a little ring inside looks like it's an isolated sensor. i'm not sure which that runs to.

I remember reading you had an atl3 for sale? if i can't get this to work. I may be interested.

Thanks!

Wing

Dear Wing !!

I'm regarding your trouble concerning this machine for a few weeks now. If possible you schould give that machine back, it's really in a bad condition, used seems to be a euphemism :(

If this is not possible, look out for the "Jobo Bulletins" concerning the ATL's. These Pages are really very interesting, I got a lot of useful tip's when repairing my ATL 1. Brose over that site and print out as much as possible, as long it's still online...

Try this Link (overview, the atl's are on the bottom of the page) http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service/us_analog/index.html

Changing the air distributor and hoses is theme of following site: http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service/us_analog/bulletins/b014.htm

But as you may see, things are not as easy, as you propably hoped...

P.s. The orientation of the bigger chemical hoses does not matter, the flow sensors (needls) are connected all together to a single wire, leading to the electronic board. (at least this is the way it works with mine ATL 1) Only the sequence of the smaller air hoses is determined an schould be marked (1 till 6)! Try Dan's advise to get the right sequence.

The input for the heat exange coil comes from the "prosess water" manetic valve, it's output leads to the flow sensor "knot" in order to discharge the water in the drum and rinse the film / Paper.

This "process water" schould come from a boiler, giving you water temperated close to your processing temperature. Best in all cases is a thermostat mixing device prior the ATL.

The other magnetic valve is for cooling (maybe filling too) the water-jacket with cold water, connect it with the cold water line...

Good luck !!

Regards from Germany,

Stefan