Pro B&W Lab in Portland Oregon

apdx

PhotoCraft is overpriced. Very overpriced.

<br><br>

Give Ivey a call and inquire about their fine art printing services.

<br><br>

<a href="http://www.ivey.com/ivey/services/giclee.html">http://www.ivey.com/ivey/services/giclee.html</a>

<br><br>

<b>Ivey Imaging - Portland</b>

<br><br>

5679 SE International Way

Milwaukie, Oregon 97222

<br><br>

P 800 322 1793<br>

P 503 794 9800

Try www.citizensphoto.com and and www.quickstopphoto.com for their services and prices. QS also has a couple drop-off points around town if it's inconvenient for you; don't know if Citizens does, but they would tell you.

Blue Moon in St. Johns advertizes b&w processing but I haven't used them.

Blue moon has some great service, i don't know about processing, but if they're anywhere near as diligent with processing as they are with sales. then i'd say they're good. I believe Citizens does custom stuff. If you need a few things, you could just go to Newspace and do it yourself. Also a great place.

I'm down in eugene going to school now, so i'm a little out of the loop up in Ptown. Wish i could be up there

Thank you all. I made a few calls:

quickstop does machine processing, the lady could not say what developer - she was actually surprised.. developer is not like a champoo or champagne.. don't come with eggs and berries, there's only one true developer..it comes in vodka bottles to confuse competition.. they print silver on bw paper, chromogenics - on colour.. lowest prices, quick turnaroaund.

Blue Moon lady was very nice and accomodating: it's either outlab or a hand-processing by a contractor in Rodinal in-house, reasonable prices ~6 a film + $6 per contact sheet.

Photocraft: Xtol in dip&dunk, $7 per film (35 and 120), $2.05 per 4x5, contacts by 13:00 next day $6.30

Citizens Photo: website is ugly and that's encouraging on one hand - no computer geeks around, just artsy types, on the other hand they may be too cheap, saved a fortune on web design.. we'll see. Process by Tmax developer in a rotary machine, prices slightly lower than at 2 and 4. ("let me see, what are we using for a developer these days...")

looks like they try supermarket way from the number of business activities they are involved in.

That's about it, I will try to follow up on the output/printing and real life outcomes when I get there.