Searching EXIF data

This may be more than what you need, but I use a cataloging program called iMatch. Amongst other things, it imports EXIF, IPTC, and XMP data into its database so that you can do searches on it. What I don't know is whether it lets you search values in data elements to the level of granularity that you need, but you might check it out.

--Phil

Thanks Ellis,

Actually i know very well how to view EXIF data of 1 image. I am using a very similar Bridge layout than you showed us.

But what i wanted to do was to see how often i used a specific focal length range in let's say 5000 pictures. FOR THAT i think i need special software.

Phil's suggestion of iMatch is an excellent one. It comes with a pile of scripts that can be run against all or some of your images. One of those scripts will create categories for each focal length it finds in the EXIF data and then assign the images to those categories.

It needed some tweaking (eg, by default it adds ".00" to the length), but in 5 minutes I had it fixed and working well. My next task is to have it calculate the 35mm equivalent focal length based on the EXIF camera model information.

I can help if you go that route; email me. I'm very impressed with what it can do. Documentation on some functions could be improved, but it's very powerful.

Anything you want to pull from the EXIF data, you can. Need categories by shutter speed or f/stop? Easy. Just cut & paste from one of the existing scripts; make a few changes and away you go. Being a programmer by trade helps :)