big crack-up at the corner of my street

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow Frank. The 2 blond girls are to blame? Usually there is only one driver per car. Maybe in this case one did the steering and another handled the stick shift? You should have taken a picture of that!

Frank, wonderful job, you really captured the moment well. Love the way the woman in the first photo is holding her chin with that "Oh dear" expression. You even did it with the G2, just goes to show you it's what's behind the eye that counts and not the camera.

Keep up the good work....

<i>'You're a casual snapshooter with poor taste'</i><p></i>

I guess taste is a personal thing... Mind you, I'm not too fussy on the pics, Frank. I reckon you have much better ones in your portfolio.

<p>

Cheers, A

Elmo, you surprise me. Your website in fact proves my point. You have a lot of great stuff...obviously you either know how to edit, or if not you are one frickin' genius behind the camera. Franks photos would not make it into a daily in a medium sized city (unless it was an extremely slow news day), nor would they make it as documentary or social interest (again something that you obviously know from your images). So why defend images that are in fact nothing more than casual snaps. The statement in the original posting <So I just pointed and pressed and they all came out good> makes me cringe. Are we just to sit back and say everything well exposed is 'good'...hopefully not, because you end up the loser. If in the future we convince people that stuff like the above is on par with your stuff...well if your happy with that so be it. And on a personal note...my ratings are about the same as yours...so don't get ignorant just to try and make a point...it's really unbecoming.

Bob, I'm a genius no doubt about it, been struggling with it all my life but it's a cross I have learned to bear. Just think how hard it is to always be the smartest kid at the picnic, well don't think too hard wouldn't want to see you hurt yourself.

<p>

Anyway, this is the Leica Forum right? Everything here is great, no such thing as a bad pic, so lets move on. Regarding my own stuff, ratings and breaking par don't matter none, it's not why I shoot.

<p>

Regarding Franks pics man, he's out there tapped into a whole new level. They are so far removed from everything else that even I have a hard time understanding where he's coming from and chances are good that Frank doesn't even realize the magnitude of his accomplishments. Try and think back to the mockery that Van Gough had to put up with. Or as Jonathan Swift once penned...

<p>

<I>"When a true genius appears in the world, <br>

you may know him by this sign, that the dunces<br>

are all in confederacy against him."<br></I>

<p>

The bus is leaving town and I plan to be on it, you can either join me or hang out in the back yard....

<I>Vuk Vuksanovic , may 17, 2005; 12:48 a.m.

<P>

gary.

<P>

at the very least, i really hope nobody follows the example set by your grammar.</I>

<P>

People who don't understand the conventions of written English don't get to comment on grammar.