2nd flash suggestions

glogower

I assume you want it to work with the 580EX and ST-E2. If so, you are limited to wireless E-TTL capable units. That leaves you with Canon 420EX, 430EX, 550EX and 580EX. Also the Sigma EF500 Super (DG or not), and a few other third party units like the Sigma, will work with wireless E-TTL.

I would opt for the 420EX or 430EX. I had a Sigma, and while mine worked fine, it's user interface was not the best, and others have complained about exposure unconsistencies.

I have a couple of Sigmas, a 430ex, and a 580ex. They all work fine. If it's only going to be used as a secondary, I'd go with the 430ex...it's a great flash. It also has all of the functions of the sigmas, and the guide number is close.

Mike

How about a 550ex ? If it is only a secondary flash (and thus I assume you won't be using it that much), it is quite good value for money now. People are selling off their 550ex like mad, now that the 580ex is the "latest and greatest". I use two 550ex, on the 350d and 5d and works great. It is also incredibly powerful and has all the great functions, costs a lot less now, bar the slightly larger size.