It is about 100 photos. I'd be flattered if you have to time to view

them all. Otherwise you might want to adjust the speed of the

slideshow to help you through it.

I shot mostly Tri-X and M3/collapsible summicron with some Canon

digital in between.

This is the first cut. I'm going to leave it on flickr for a few days

and then turn it off and start releasing them again for a second round

of editing.

I'm feeling the grittiness, so job well done. It's an excellent set of images with some really superb black and white work. You have enough raw material to edit down to a great show.

Have you perhaps considered editing it into two different sets; a set of portraits and a set of industrial shots would let each stand on it's own merits.

We should all return to the place(s) where we grew up and document them, thanks for the

inspiration. The photos are very fine and Matt's comments are sound. Some of these are

obviously very personal, and others have a more public feel to them. To me, the the public

photos have greater impact, especially the night photos. The portraits--they are the more

'personal' shots--have less context, but they are still excellent. The first "Midnight stroll"

photo is great.

Very, very good photos, Rene. I did see them all, and it was worth it.<p>

Perhaps you'll actually need more than one 'folder' -- maybe one of nightlife, another of street or on-the-move, another called industry, one for family photos, and so on.<p>

I'm back from a much shorter trip to the Dominican Republic, a place with which I had no familiarity, and while I've put up one folder, I have a number of other shots I'm trying to organize and characterize.<p>

It's not easy. The one <a href=http://flickr.com/photos/74058404@N00/sets/72057594112506026/show/>folder</a> I've put up thus far is a bit of this and that, and never having even tried to edit/arrange photos before, maybe I need one of those 'scrapbooking' classes ? :-)

Rene - Very enjoyable. Reminds me of many of the cities in the rust belt here in the USA. It looks like the public transportation infrastructure is copied from Chicago or Detroit, right down to the graffiti on the vehicles. Thanks for sharing.

Rene, you've got some really nice street photos, but I'm going to go ahead and say that if you didn't say that in the Czech Republic, it would have been difficult to guess where most of the photos came from. Some very nice shots nevertheless.

I would hate to see these split up. It has the feel of a journey and the personal portraits give added meaning to the public and dramatic shots. It has the strong feeling of someone looking at the familiar with new eyes. They are beautiful pictures and the context makes them moreso. Could organise them somehow, perhaps even cronologically.

I'm not a "pro", but to my eyes, its very fine work. I particularly enjoyed the smooth story telling and sense of place/being there in about the first half that were only black and white. I watched it through twice, the second time just musing about how the seeing, technical judgement and emotional impetus come together fluidly to do that, and I wish I was a bit better at it.