M6 Repair Manual

monkey

Monkey

I hope you know what you are doing not just a Monkey business. All M winding mechnism has the same design, you can download a M2 or M3 repair manual, M6 has printing ribbon for the meter.

http://leicaclub.net/leicaclub2001/index2.html

follow this link to down load the pdf file for M2-M4, but you have to have special tools to open the the top. best leave to the professional instead of using your Monkey wrench to ruin the camera.

Monkey,--M6 Repair manuals are commercially available and are expensive. I suggest that you just push the lever back, if it is winding the film and cocking the shutter properly.

The return spring is under the top cover, which requires some specialized tools to remove.

If you are in the US, DAG can do it at reasonable cost.

Monkey. I don't think it would harm anything to take a look, yourself. I've not done it myself but I understand you just need a grippy rubber sheet to unscrew the collar around the shutter button to get the winder-arm off. If it looks to difficult beyond that, just put it back.

Hmmm. Okay, probably best for me just to get used to pushing the lever back myself. Damn, I loved that 'automatic' feature.<p>Nels, thanks for the link, that's just so funny. A tool with the word "monkey" in it - who'd've thought such a thing possible? Whatever next?     <B>: )</b><p>Dan, please could you post a direct link to the file you mentioned... the language that appears on that page isn't one I'm familiar with. Thanks.

Buying a set of tools to adequately repair and maintain Leicas involves almost as much investment as another Leica would cost. The practical answer is employing a competent technician. That being said there are many of us who would readily risk the ruination of our pet toys for the self-gratifying feeling that we are able to assume a portion of maintenance resposnibility. It surely isn't practical, but it is the incentive that makes many of us bind our own books, make our own furniture, or tool our own leather items. The investment in the tools is an expense we pay for the pleasure of not depending on others.