How many photographs do you take?

trazom

Paul, you missed the point.

And sinse when is the price of a photo linked to how hard it is to make? NEVER.

Ansel's images sell for big, big $$ because HE made them...because of his popularity, reputation, his awesome work....not because they are hard to make....yes, in fact they were hard to make but that is not the reason he gets $60,000 a pop.

You tying difficulty with price is an invalid metric.

Don't fool yourself...I've been shooting landscapes for 15+ years....shooting a wedding more often then not is much more of a challange, and with few exceptions.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not what I said. Get your facts straight.

In any case, this is your opinion, and nothing more. This is the problem w/ deduction, or inferences in this case, when belief/notion is taken as fact.

You really need to study his work, the ground he broke in the early twentieth century, and then you might understand why your "relatively easy" landscapes fall short of anything he ever did.

Do you say the same about Jason Pollack's work? Oh, "thats easy, I can paint too."

The great photogs like in any creative art make things appear easy. Let me know when your next foto sells for $50,000.

Wow!

I stopped doing weddings about 15 years ago, but have been asked to re-enter the market. After reading through here I'm kinda wondering what weddings have turned into.

My average wedding was 4-5 hours. A wedding package consisted of a studio session for formal bidal shots. At the wedding I would shoot 150 to 200 exposures to produce and album of 100 to 150 proofs.