PhotoShop may be able to recover some of the colour using levels etc. but the quality will enevitably be reduced. This is a lesson to all who think that the in camera styles and auto features can produce better or 'fun' photos. Nearly all the 'styles' etc. can be reproduced in PS or similar so don't play with them in the camera. Shoot RAW.

<p>If you'd shot RAW, the selected Picture Style would have had no effect at all on the image data; it would merely have been recorded in the section of the RAW file dealing with settings, so that a RAW converter could (if it wanted to) offer that particular Picture Style as a default when converting that file.</p>

<p>But for a JPEG, what you see is the end result of all of the parameters you picked, such as white balance and Picture Style. You can't get back the original data. I haven't played with Picture Styles much and I'm not very familiar with the Twilight one, but I found a vague description of it on the Web: it increases saturation and shifts blue towards purple. So to try to undo it, decrease saturation and shift purple towards blue; at least in the photo editor I use (Photoshop Elements 3), these can both be done simultaneously from the saturation adjustment dialog. But since you can't tell whether a given purple pixel was originally blue or purple, you can't necessarily put it back to exactly what it was supposed to have been, which illustrates why you can only approximate the process of undoing a Picture Style in a JPEG.</p>