looking for postcard kits

brambor

I'm looking for a good source to buy postcard kits for 6x4 photographs that I

could package and sell. I'm looking for a kit with the card where the photo

could be inserted or somehow attached, the envelope and the clear plastic insert

onto which I could stamp a price or something.

As 12"x8" or slightly larger card stock is not something I could source easily I have focused on blank note cards. I have never seen a complete kit as you describe. I attach the photo along one of the 6" edges. A Postcard would require attaching the whole photo to card stock. Attaching the photo fully to card stock is considerably harder then my methiod. I have seen a few suppliers with photocard "mounts". They are expensive and block much of the photo

http://www.clearbags.com/?overview|envelopes

http://www.clearbags.com/?category|BAGS2

Impact Images is my source for cards, envelopes, and bags. The linen finish or deckeled edge cards the card stock I prefer. I use double sided tape or a glue stick to attach the photo and had a stamp made at Staples to add my info to the rear of the card. I purchase the cards and envelopes in boxes of 250 and the bags in packages of 100.

The note cards can retail for a price that justfies the costs. Most Postcards retail for .25-.50/ea. With the photo costing .12-.19/ea, additional materials, and labor, you will need to be priced much higher than the market. Do you have a product that will justify a $1+ retail?

I don't know about a comprehensive kit, but I've been thinking of doing some (limited quantity) postcards using the Ilford Multigrade Portfolio postcards. I haven't bought my first box yet, but I saw them at North Bay Photo Supply the other day, and i thought I give it a try this weekend. I think they are all set up on the back for the postage stamp, etc. and are sort of double weight RC paper. Hope this helps in some way.

VS