Would you hire a 15 year old?

robertin_m

Be careful about creatings contracts and such. As I understand it CA, anyone under 18 cannot sign a contract and have it mean anything.

Sorry, I wouldn't hire a 15 year old to do contract work for me. I don't want to squash your ambition, though! Clearly it seems you are motivated as you've got it together much better than I at 15.

Offer to work as a 2nd shooter and go from there.

I would not hire anyone under the age of 18 no matter how good the portfolio was. The simple fact is that you cannot enforce a contract with somebody that is underage. The second shooter/assitant info is good advice here. I would follow that path and get some more experience before trying to go out on your own. If your this good and passionate about photography now, in 3 years you should be fantastic.

• 2 years later...
I realize this is an old forum thread, but I thought I'd post anyway. I enjoyed reading the responses to your question Robby. I too am a 15 year old and am very much interested in photography. I have begun to market my hobby and begin to progress toward professionalism through the use of my website and other internet marketing. I wouldn't mind some feed back from others about my work, any helpful advise or anything. My website is <a href="http://www.josh-photography.com">Josh Vine Photography</a> Any responses would be great.