Where should I buy a used Hasselblad?

laura_conant

I can't speak from experience but I'd buy from David Odess in a heartbeat if I was in the market for new Hasselblad equipment.

Believe me when I say it's very frustrating to buy a Hasselblad and find out after a while that not everything is working properly. Even if it was a bargain. It's better to be safe and pay a little more. As soon as you start using the camera you'll enjoy it so much that the price you paid will be well worth it!

I value Mr. Odess as a real expert who I have found to help us avoid making errors in judgement, incorrect assumptions by freely offering his expertise. I always read his posts twice since they are offered not to be self serving, and are really worth memorizing. I also like to read others like Ellis and Marc Williams who have wide experience and are opinionated and forthcomming with help and fellowship.

Well just to through my 2 cents in, I buy all my used gear from technicians who CLA the equipment before selling it. This is true of my 35mm and medium format gear. I check out their reputations for honesty, call them, talk to them about what I need, buy, and have the peace of mind knowing that what I buy will work as it's supposed to. Do I pay a premium for doing this? Probably. But I don't care. David just sold me a 500C/M kit with metered prism and 160mm CB lens yesterday and I look forward to receiving it (after I read the manual).