Ricoh GR Digital b&w pics

mr._smith

I remember when the GR Digital came out out people remarked on how noisy were

posted pics from the camera.

Pics from the link below were converted to b&w from dng files in Adobe

Lightroom, tonality worked on with Lightzone and final image adjustement done in

Photoshop.

I get a kick out of some post where a person with a "push a button mentality"

complains that the pics taken with his own camera don't look right and need work.

Nowhere..man

I am still waiting for my GR-D creative set to arrive some time today.

Thanks for the link to your B&W pics.

Until I get CS2 (I use PS7) I will need to develop a jpg workflow for this camera. (I use a Nikon RAW 16 bit converter for my D70 files but it will not take DNG)

I would get into Adobe Lightroom Beta (I have downloaded and tried it) but it will expire soon and probably cost as much as CS2 to purchase so I do not want to get 'hooked'.

I guess I could buy Elements just to use the ACR 3.4 but it will only have the functionaility that elements will allow it. Probably not enough for what I need.

No, I will have to 'bite the bullet' and shell out 500 GB pounds and get CS2/ACR I suppose.

Nice pics Mitch.

"Mr. Smith":

Thanks for posting the link to my GR-D pictures. However, the trouble is that several

people including Trevor Hare have indicated offline to me that they think I'm "Mr. Smith"!

But I've never used a pseudonym and have always posted everything under my own (real)

name.

Ray: no the pictures were not underexposed -- it's just how I wanted them to look in

post-processing: while the (small) JPGs look like you sate, the actual prints look good.

--Mitch/Brussels