Dell 2005WFP same as 2007WFP?

More accurately,

is the 2007 the successor to the 2005 concerning panel and ultimately image quality?

I am asking, because the 2005WFP is often compared very favorably to the Apple

20" Cinema display (both habe the same LG panel), but i am not quite sure wether

this also holds true for the 2007.

Dell has a 130 Euro rebate on the 2007 at the moment.

Just read a review of the 2007 at, I think, behardware.com(yep, found it in my history) and they indicated that Dell likes to use whatever panel is available at the time. Within the same product line. So one 2007 may not be consistent with another 2007. I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.

But here is the paragraph from their 20" LCD roundup about the dell ...

"Dell doesnメt need us to the point that they chose to do something that seems completely incomprehensible to us. They have kept the nasty habit of changing the panel depending on their stocks. You can buy a monitor equipped with a specific panel, but it wonメt be the same the next month. Obviously Dell takes a great liberty here as the 2007WFP can be equipped with IPS panelsナ or MVAs. It will depend on the season, wholesale prices they obtain, or possible product shortages. Liquid crystals change as well as electronic components, afterglow, viewing angles, and movies. So, how can consumers rely on test results under these circumstances?"

http://www.behardware.com/articles/619-6/updated-survey-13-lcd-20-5-6-8-16-ms.html