just bought a D2H did i get a good deal

asantilli

I just got a d2h mint condition was original purchesed form a studio

photographer who shot 10000 frames. then in september the camera was returned

to nikon canada for meter and the replaced the shutter. new shutter count is

1000 i paid 1350. What do you guys think thanks. I called up nikon canada and

confirmed the work done to the camera.

It depends. It was your money and if you are good with the purchase, that should be all that matters. (For what it is worth, $1,300 would be almost 2-and-1/2 'new' D50 bodies. Less noise to deal with at ISO 1600 and with a 'current' warranty.)

Sounds about right, depending on variables: exchange rate; confirmation that the work was done by an authorized service center; etc.

Even after the D2H new retail price bottomed out last year I didn't see a sudden, significant drop in prices for D1H and D1X bodies. Asking prices even for good used D2H bodies were nearly as much as the Spring 2005 closeout prices. Certain dSLRs do seem to be holding their value a bit better and a bit longer than I'd expected.

Sounds good to me. I got mine at the close out price and have never had any regrets. The highest ISO I normally shoot is 800 and I am very satisfied with the image quality.

Would I like more resolution? You bet. But I am able to do my work with what I have and my clients are happy.

Michael

Anthony for sports your going to love it I just bought my third with a brand new shutter. Nothing beats this camera for sports in the nikon line up even my d2x is not as good. I would really love a d3h every thing the same just 8 meg and better noise but that would do me perfectly.

Now go and get a sigma 120-300 2.8 and your in business, well sports business.