Multiple Exposures on D50

tumble2113

I was hoping you guys could help me out. I have read in some of the Specs that

the D50 could do Multiple Exposures. I was thinking of using that for pictures

of Fireworks but can't seem to locate how to do it.

I don't see reference in the owners manual. Any assistance would be appreciated.

On the D200 there is a menu item called Multiple Exposure in the Shooting Menu, pretty straight forward, so if the D50 doesn't have this then photoshop is probably the answer, and at any rate I would think that photoshop would give you more control over your results than the onboard camera feature would.

Nikon came up with special mode to photograph fireworks, but that is only included in the new Coolpix P3 and P4 cameras. I believe there is more to this mode than just a longer time exposure, but perhaps Nikon will never reveal what/how that new mode works?

D50 does not have this mode yet, and perhaps never will? - who knows if next firmware iteration will bring the Fireworks mode to D50.

D200 allows multiple exposures, up to 10, but it costs about 3 times more than D50. For the price of D200, one could have 3 D50 cameras, and shoot them at once - sort of tripple exposure (smile here).

Thanks everyone, it's one of those things I didn't think of and was not really worth the money difference to weigh, my Fuji S7000 did it so i just assumed they all did it, I will have to look into those plug ins, I guess it;s the same, just under expose each one and hope they add up to a good frame.