aftermarket film holders _type 55 or 665?

I was wondering if there are any holders that I could use with my epson v-700

that are the right size for 665 and type 55 polaroid negatives? I don't want

to have to trim every image down to fit the 4x5 holder I have since I'll lose

information and the borders

I get a number of requests for this film type. Everyone wants a holder that doesn't mask/elminate any of the edges. Unfortunately, this isn't a reality. A holder has to "hold" somewhere along the edges. That means at least some of the edge is always going to have to be masked with a holder. That is why I suggest you might want to order the fluid mount tray from Epson and experiment with that as soon as it is available (call Epson). You could also try putting the film EMULSION side down directly on the glass and using the "film frame" setting so that the second lens which focuses at the glass is used. Emulsion side down might eliminate the Newton Rings. If you need a second layer of glass to keep your film flat, get some anti-Newton glass. You could tape the film down flat to the bed, but then you run into your problem again with the edges getting messed up.

<p> Doug<p>

<a href="http://www.betterscanning.com">BetterScanning.com</a>

• 1 month later...

Caleb -

For FF T55 I use the film area guide and tape the neg to the platten (glass) using 3M Safe Release Tape No. 2070. It is very low adhesion and leaves no residue. You will not get the entire frame - but almost all. And if you tape the neg down carefuly you will get it very flat. I have used this trick for years with my optical enlarger as well to keep LF negs flat. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE RIGHT TAPE!

I hear that you can also wet mount directly to the platten glass on the V7XX using just the film area guide;Sandwich=mounting fuid, neg, mounting fuid; mylar ->scan. Needless to say Epson don't encourage this appoach - but I might try it if I get time. This would get you true FF without any additional glass surfaces - I'd like to hear Dougs comments on this.

-Mike