w/nw Nightline

brambor

Good light and texture on those, Rene, and I like the compositions too. Mysterious feet on the top of the first frame add something.

I do care what Rene shoots with .... figuring maybe he'll let me borrow it for a couple frames. :-)

[by the way, in what I suspect was one of those typos that 'works,' Rene typed "dully noted" when he likely meant to say "duly noted." Made me smile.]

Michael,

Come to Portland Maine and I'll let you shoot with anything in my bag.

One of my all summer projects will involve mainly Konica Autoreflex T1, 200mm Hexanon and Tri-X. I developed two rolls of Tri-x Last week, one from M3 and one from Canon SLR. Change is good.

Rene:

These two photos differ greatly in style from what you often post. You'd never guess that the guy who took these shots also plays hockey. You're getting all artsy on us, and doing it very well. My God, soon you'll be wearing black turtlenecks and posting on the "Street and Doucumentary" Forum. Keep it up. (I especially like the first one with the man whole cover. Tripod?)

Sorry, I had to leave my computer and due to the time difference I missed most of this thread. I really like night photography too, and I like this first shot especially. But with all due respect to you Rene (I've greatly admired a lot of your shots over the years, and I'm sure we all love you dearly as a contributor to this forum), what is the point of posting these on a Leica forum? One couldn't take these on a film Leica, and you didn't - as it happens - take them on a digital Leica. I hope we are mostly here because we admire good photography, and it's good to see that everyone here appreciates your shots, but there's a great deal of Photonet that covers photography in general. And actually, since someone mentioned it, these are surely 'street' photographs? :)

Jonathan. You have 'slipped' a couple of times (with a Rollei 35) on the Leica forum so where are we going to draw the line? Now you may say a Rollei 35 is in the the Leica 'style' or 'spirit' or somesuch. But if you are laying down the law then you should be faultless in this respect. (I certainly am NOT 'faultless' with my many Contax/Minolta/Nikon and even digital shots in amongst my Leica & CV shots!)

Fact is that Rene brings some superb photos to us and I am grateful and appreciative of that and wish he would continue. I do not care what gets used to take it.

The only persons who will actually decide are the moderators.

Trevor,

When it has seemed in the spirit of things to offer one of my very C3 shots taken with a non-Leica camera (including my old Nikon), I have done so, but I believe I have always indicated this. I don't think I have actually started any thread in that way.

It's easy to see why you would leap in here, and - sure - my comment would apply to many of the threads that you start. Don't, though, try to make me look unappreciative of either Rene or of good photography. That's not the case, as I have been at pains to point out. And I'm certainly not laying down the law. As you say, that's for the moderators. I'm just voicing one forum member's interest in keeping to the topic. So p*** off, Trevor. What are you trying to prove?

Trying to nail your hypocrisy 'uncovering' Rene whilst making unannounced (yes that Nikon Stockholm shot was not announced as such) Nikon SLR shots in the Leica forum.

I dont actually care. You were the one who started off the sleuthing (presumably from EXIF data) and making rules.

So back at ya mate.

Actually, I checked the EXIF data because I was stunned by the thought that those shots could have been taken with a film Leica, which we all know Rene possesses. How could one get that depth of field and still capture the moving feet under night or twilight conditions, using film? If it was film, I wanted to know how to do it, 'cos I only have film cameras available to me. So although I appreciate the image, I was a tad disappointed.

Now let's get on with something useful.