Current M6 values...trending up or down?

For M6s, M7s and MPs to 'glut' the market you need a considerable number of people selling them to buy M8s.

I do not think M8s will sell in anything like these numbers (numbers equivalent to previous M6/M6TTL/M7/MP production) and I cannot see many M8 buyers selling their other M cameras. If they can easily afford 5000 dollar digital cameras they don't really need to.

The used medium format market has slumped but 'classics' and collector favourites like the Rolleiflex still enjoy bouyant prices. The same will be true of a good condition, working M.

Whether you think it a good thing or not, Leica rangefinders still hold onto their 'Iconic' status and this sets them apart from other cameras in terms of collector interest and therefore market values.

The increase in prices of the M7 and MP due to the Euro have resulted in increased demand for the M6 and higher prices. This has now stabilized. It's hard to say what will happen when the M8 comes out. My guess is probably not much because of the large differential in price between the M8 and M6.

Trevor wrote: <p>

<i> ... [c]ollector favourites like the Rolleiflex still enjoy bouyant prices. The same will be true of a good condition, working M. <p>

... Leica rangefinders still hold onto their 'Iconic' status and this sets them apart from other cameras in terms of collector interest and therefore market values. </i> ... <p>

The conclusion seems correct, or at least defensible, but "a good condition, working M" is of little interest to the real collector, I would think, because it's a user camera. <p>

So the continued comparatively high price of user M6 and other M cameras -- as distingished, say, from user Nikon F series gear, also capable, serviceable, and built to last -- results from something other than collector value, I'd say, since collectors don't covet user bodies.